Android has made some significant updates to improve your phone's battery life. In doing so, some of its' default settings will terminate apps running in the background after a certain amount of time.
A few things we recommend:
- Enable WiFi and Bluetooth at all times
- Disable Data Saver (see how below)
- Turn off Put app to sleep (see how below)
Here's how to keep HyperDrive awake at all times:
- Go to your phone's Settings screen and tap on Device care
- Next, tap on the Battery icon in the lower left
- Scroll down and tap on HyperDrive® Rewards. On the next screen, make sure 'Put app to sleep' is toggled OFF.
Here's how to turn off data saver for HyperDrive:
- Go to your phone's settings and tap on Connections
- Next tap on Data usage
- Then tap on Data saver. It's okay if you have it on. We'll disable just for HyperDrive®
- Tap on Allow app while Data saver on
- Last, scroll down to HyperDrive® and toggle to ON. This will exclude HyperDrive® from the Data saver.
Now, HyperDrive Rewards will be able to record your trips more accurately so you can maximize your points earnings!