HyperDrive Rewards® should automatically detect when you're on a drive and begin recording when it detects a significant location change. If you only drove a few hundred yards then it's likely that you did not drive far enough for the app to recognize a trip has started. To ensure your trips are getting recorded properly, first let's make sure you have the following settings:
- Automatic trip capture is turned ON
- Location access is set to Always
- Motion and Fitness is enabled
Click here to learn how to view your iPhone settings for HyperDrive Rewards.
If the above are all set, here are a few troubleshooting tips:
- Check to make sure you're using the latest version of HyperDrive Rewards®
- Reboot your phone (turn off and back on)
- Delete and re-download HyperDrive Rewards
- Open HyperDrive Rewards® before your trip starts so it's running in the foreground
- Keep your phone plugged in and charging (if you can) while you are driving
- Don't put your phone in a bag, glove compartment or any other container while you are driving as that could interfere with its GPS signal and ability to detect that you are driving
If your trips are still going unrecorded, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the date and approximate times of your drives and we'll investigate the issue.